Friday 20 February 2015

Watermarble.

There's art in dropping polish.

Design One.

Welcome back everyone! Ok, so I know I said I might be up a couple times a week and then I am a no show for a few days, but there is reasoning for this! I have been preparing the next FOUR - yes, I said Four designs. Two of which you will get in this one post! Are you excited?! I love it. Before you can see it I am letting you know how I love it. So, other than designing four of my newest designs, I have been spending time with Sophie and taking her to the park and for play dates etc, and I have also been learning to drive.
I had my test booked for March 12th and my instructor seems to think I could pass it then, so fingers crossed right?! (OMG - I totally just crossed my fingers for the first time in around 10 years or so, and it feels weird..)

WATERMARBLE SALLY HANSEN - BGPOLISH
Alright, so lets begin with the first design which I did on my left hand. This one was done with Sally Hansen Platinum Star (silver) and Fushia Bling Bling (pink) on top of a base of Barry M Matte White. Although you can't really see that it is silver instead of a pearlescent white, it was evident as I was on my driving lesson. I think the best thing about water marble nails is that whilst they all hold the same colours and theme throughout the manicure they are all individual at the same time.
WATERMARBLE SALLY HANSEN - BGPOLISH
I did these designs on glue on false nails, which I have fallen in love with, they are a lot more hard wearing than normal nails and don't seem to do the same damage to my natural nail either. I absolutely LOVE this thumb nail, I think it was definitely one of my favourite throughout both of the designs. It is harder to see than I thought but there is very intricate lines throughout this nail, and if I had thought about it I should have done a macro! That reminds me! Now that I have my new macro lens for my Iphone I will be able to take these shots for you too so you can really inspect my art, would that be something you want? Lemme know.

Design Two.

WATERMARBLE CHINA GLAZE - BGPOLISHAlright, so here is design number two. I did this design the same way as the first, but instead of the pink polish I swapped it out for China Glaze Cranberry Splash. I think I liked the colouring better on this design, but it was a close match of my feelings for both of the looks - perhaps this was down to me thinking that the red was more my kind of style rather than the very feminine look of the pink.
WATERMARBLE CHINA GLAZE - BGPOLISHI also did one of the thumb shots on this design as well - which I have to say was a very awkward angle to take the photos with my left hand of this look on my righties. And you can see that I damaged my thumb nail a little on this hand during the top coating. I don't know what it is about these kind of shots, but I just love it, having the thumb nail in focus and having everything behind blurred and out of focus - love it. I think this might be one of my new poses for when I have art on my thumb!

Ok, so looking down you can find a picture of both the designs I did, and I would really appreciate you telling me which one is your favourite! My favourite answer will receive a FREE shoutout on my IG ACCOUNT which will be cross posted throughout my Facebook Page, Twitter and Tumblr accounts! I will pick my favourite answer in the next day or two!

WATERMARBLE SALLY HANSEN - BGPOLISH

WATERMARBLE CHINA GLAZE - BGPOLISH
So what do you think, which would be your favourite, and WHY?!















2 comments:

  1. I like the pink best but that's because I love pink! And you're right, the thumb nail looks really good.
    Glad to see you back here again. And I know I've said it like a-gazillion times but good luck for the test!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! Apparently I should be test ready this time but I guess we will have to wait. And as for me being back I am definitely, not as regular but I am around! I am stocking up on posts at the moment to come back a couple times a week or so!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for reading my post and I would love to hear what you have thought of them! Although from 16 July 2014 I will no longer be accepting comments with links included. If you would like me to check out your blog then please get in touch via my contact page above.