Tuesday 3 March 2015

Shatter polish - big NO NO.

Get the look.


Welcome back! So for a while I was doing research into what people like and what they don't. So the most unliked fad was Crackle/Shatter Polish. It seems a lot of you liked the idea behind it, but hated the polish itself. I myself was one of these people that when I first found this type of polish I was so excited, but then I got highly disappointed with the polish. In my opinion it was either thick and gloopy and was just a horrible mess, or it was too thin and barely shattered at all.

So what would you say if I told you that you could achieve the same look with normal polishes and minimal effort? Well, you can. I looked into it some, thinking of how I could do it without having to use the horrible polish, I thought about dragging tools across my nails but then quickly rethought this idea.

SHATTER CRACKLE NAILS, NOTD, NAILART - BGPOLISHEventually I came up with this. I know you can achieve the same sort of thing with inks which react to alcohol, and you can use that in a spray bottle, but I wanted something a little more simple which used normal nail polish. And then I found it, when I wasn't even thinking about this look anymore, I found it in my stamping plates! It was there all along in my Pueen Love Elements stamping set! Awesome right?
SHATTER CRACKLE NAILS, NOTD, NAILART - BGPOLISHI painted my nails with two coats of Essie The Lace is On, and then using my Pueen plate 45 and Sally Hansen Platinum Star I managed to create this look. I remembered to use my Seche Vite for a lovely thick top coat, and that was it complete! I absolutely love how this design looks like shatter/crackle polish without it actually having to come from those polishes, and it also kind of reminds me of foil manicures now I think about it! Not to mention the amazing stamping coverage by Platinum Star! I cant fault that at all, especially considering it is a very thin silver polish. I have absolutely no other dupes like it in my collection. The closest polish to it I have I would think has to be Barry M Silver Foil, but it is thicker than this one is.
What do you think about this look? Were you a fan of those crackle polishes? Is this a look you would wear? Also if you have any thoughts on what I should try and recreate then leave your idea's/link's in the comment section and I will attempt to find an easy way to Get The Look! - Oh, and did you think we were leaving without a thumb shot? No!
SHATTER CRACKLE NAILS, NOTD, NAILART - BGPOLISH
Okay, so that is really all there is to it, I know I haven't posted all that much, but this is due to my daughter having a hectic week last week! I am thinking I should be able to post on a Tuesday, Thursday and A weekend (Not including the weeks where I have Magical Mondays and Collabs with Pretty Quirky on Wednesdays). Oh, and I still cant wrap my head around the fact that I turn 22 tomorrow. Sigh, but I hope you're having a fantastic day - see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you for reading my post and I would love to hear what you have thought of them! Although from 16 July 2014 I will no longer be accepting comments with links included. If you would like me to check out your blog then please get in touch via my contact page above.