Tuesday 14 April 2015

Magical Monday's (Wait, It's Tuesday!?)

I know, I'm late ):

Is it just me or do I seem to be late more than normal at the moment?! Yep, yep I do. First of all, I have lost another 2lb on top of the stone I already lost, so I am well on my way to becoming slimmer, boom. However I am unsure over how much this is down to the fact that I have barely been in the house the last two weeks.

Anywayyy.. on the this months design, so this time is it a character from Chamber of Secrets, and who else to do but Aragog! I thought about doing other characters, but I feel that because there isnt any mention of Aragog apart from when he dies in Half Blood Prince, I thought this would be my only chance to show off these nails with a character set. Remember this is a collaboration with FixintoFaff, and so you can check Ali's post over on her blog!

Ok, so I used Barry M Emerald Green as well as Moyra 601 to create the background of these nails, which I wanted to resemble the thick forest that Aragog lives in with all of his sons and daughters. I used the brush from the bottle and wiped off the majority of the polish before I dabbed and dragged it across the nails and built up the coverage with both colours to make my forest look. 

After this I used Seche Vite to secure some stones on my pinky and thumb nails. And then I wrote ARAGOG on my thumb nail as well with black Acrylic Paint, all of the art in this look was done with black paint, no polish involved. I really like how the backing to these nails turned out, it does remind me of the forest kind of look but at the same time it reminds me alot of moss, which again I normally think about spiders with moss aswell, whether that is because theyre in the damp areas of paths/walls etc or something? I dunno.


I thought I would give you all a little macro of Aragog, or in the words of Sophie, Mr Skinny Legs (Blame Peppa Pig!). I thought about painting his eyes and pincers, but then I thought I would give him shiny eyes, and I actually really like it! He's so cuuuuuttte.

Anyways, that is all I have for you today! I am hoping you like this and I am sure I will have another post for you very shortly! Remember and check out Alicia's Ron nails over on FixintoFaff, and I hope you all are having an absoutely amazing week - I shall try not to be late for next months edition!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you for reading my post and I would love to hear what you have thought of them! Although from 16 July 2014 I will no longer be accepting comments with links included. If you would like me to check out your blog then please get in touch via my contact page above.