Friday 17 April 2015

Living life with a toddler.

Two year's in.

Living life with a toddler is a blessing and a curse all at the same time. 

Everything you have heard is completely true, the good, the bad and the down right ugly - it is all real with toddlers, but there is a million other things that no one seemed to tell me either. No one told me that no matter how downright ungrateful and horrendous her behaviour would be, that I would love her completely unconditionally, that she could be acting like a terror and all she has to do is say "Mummy" and I am falling in love with her all over again. No one told me that although she is small she can be the single most infuriating person on this earth, but this is one of the things that I love most about her.

Reasons to which my days are long :- 
  1. When said toddler decides that they will shout things like "Mummy, Comere!", and of course this is always when you are in the middle of something like the washing, after you run to where the toddler is, they proceed to wave and say "Buh-Bye" as they laugh at you. This is totally the "Ever walked a long way for nothing" joke, which isn't actually funny.
  2. When Sophie pumps and blames it on me, especially embarrassing when we are in public.
  3. When you are tired enough as it is, and trying to get through the housework as fast as you can so you can go to the pre-arranged play date with one of Sophie's friends only to get everything done and realise she has come right behind you turning off the washing machine, dishwasher and dryer all in turn so you have to begin all over again.
  4. Toddlers enjoy watching the same film/programme over and over again, to the point where you could recite each and every word throughout the whole show.
However there are the counter side to this : -

  1. Although she cant really sing, her singing songs has to be the most adorable sound ever.
  2. She is a mummies girl, and she is always up for a sleepover in my bed watching films and having cuddles.
  3. She has her own little personality, and she knows exactly what she wants.
  4. She totally wants to be like Mummy, whether its painting nails or how my hair is styled, she wants it.
  5. Everything new is amazing, and everything amazing is a game.
  6. She likes to help with my housework, by putting her rubbish in the bin and clothes in the wash (See Section 1, No 3.)
Bottom line is, she is amazing, and although she drives me to the edge some days, she is the glue that holds me together at the same time. These are the reasons to which I haven't been blogging as much recently as well, everything has stepped up around here, playdates all over the place, soft play centres, visiting family, doing shopping and somehow I seem to have more cleaning to do as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you for reading my post and I would love to hear what you have thought of them! Although from 16 July 2014 I will no longer be accepting comments with links included. If you would like me to check out your blog then please get in touch via my contact page above.