Sunday 29 May 2016

Clean Carrot & Corriander Soup Recipe

Clean Carrot & Corriander Soup - with a twist!

Google Generated | BGPOLISH.BLOGSPOT.CO.UKSo here I am! My first Recipe. At first I was unsure whether or not to have this section go live on my blog, but then I thought - Why not? Why not share all of the things I am cooking at home in order to make my life a little better? I have found that I need somewhere to store all of my Recipes, so I can look back on them when I need a little inspiration for things to make for dinners. I am also going to be trying out alot of different ones I wouldnt normally enjoy, because I need to taste more, I need to find more clean recipes, and I want to have more things I can cook at home for my daughter and boyfriend. Keep reading for the ingredients list and method of cooking along with my conclusion on how I think this one went and if I would make it again!

Ingredients:

1 Bag of Carrots
1 Large Onion
1 Butternut Squash
1tsp Ground Coriander
4 Vegetable Stock Cubes
Poached Egg (Optional for end plating)
Salt&Pepper


Utensils/Equipment needed:
Sharp Knife
Large cooking pot with lid
Container to hold your prepped vegetables
Wooden Spoon   
Hand Blender/Blender

 
Method: 

Google Generated | BGPOLISH.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK  Okay, so this is where I explain everything out. First things first, grab yourself a large cooking pot, and fill this with roughly 2L water. The amount of water you use will depend on how much product you would like at the end, please keep in mind that as you boil this the water level will reduce. Bring the water to the boil, and then disolve your stock cubes in the water to make your stock. 
Whilst you're waiting on your water to come to the boil, grab your carrots and give them a wash, and then chop these into slices and place in a container off to the side. Finely chop your onion and pop that into the same container. 
BGPOLISH.BLOGSPOT.CO.UKWhen it comes to your butternut squash this is where it gets a bit fiddly. The outside of the squash is very hard, you will need a sharp knife to cut through this, you want the juicy insides, but definitely not the seeds and hairy bit that reminds me of a pumpkin (Gross). Chop the squash into cubes of some sort, and then cut the skin off and put it in the bin, put the insides of the squash into your vegetable container.   
Now! You've got your veg prepped, and your water is boiled, so go ahead and pop all of the veg into the stock and add in your tsp of ground coriander. Put the lid on the pot and leave to simmer for around 45 mins - remembering to stir occaisionally.   

BGPOLISH.BLOGSPOT.CO.UKOnce your vegetables have all gone soft in the pot (you can check this by skewering them with a knife), then you are ready for blending. I use a hand blender which I picked up from argos for around £7 or so, but you can use a normal blender if that's what you have/prefer. Please remember to let your soup cool before using a blender with a lid, the heat will make it expel soup everywhere ( I learned this when I first started making soup a few years ago! It burned!)

After blending you are ready to add salt and pepper to taste, garnish if you like or add a poached egg like I did!  

I love this recipe. And I will definitely be making it in times to come, it is something I have been making for a while, but have never written down what I did/used. Let me know if you try this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you for reading my post and I would love to hear what you have thought of them! Although from 16 July 2014 I will no longer be accepting comments with links included. If you would like me to check out your blog then please get in touch via my contact page above.