Sunday 22 May 2016

Journal

Take each day as it comes. 

This weekend has been spent with my daughter, it has been spent playing shops in the park and racing for who can get down the slide first. We have spent time chasing birds, watching bugs and most of all - loving each other. The photo I attached along side this was her caught completely off guard, she wasn't making a funny face for the camera and she wasn't playing up, this is just a genuine photo of the pure cheek and attitude in my perfect three year old daughter.

 Quite recently it came to me that for some reason, I have been blessed with a perfect daughter. Now, most people will think that no one can be perfect, but Sophie is, to me anyway. She is hilarious, she is cheeky and she loves to play. How is it I completely landed on my feet when having her? Her nursery photo's came, they had mentioned that they would be elf/fairy themed, but I had absolutely no idea just how beautiful she would look, and how well behaved she would be for the shoot. Its things like this that make me realise that moving from Scotland to England was the best thing I could ever have done for her. She would never be able to have these kinds of opportunities in Scotland, and the only way she would get a photo shoot like that would be if I paid for it, and even then it would likely not be as good since these people are a specific kind of professional photographers, they are in it to work with children to create these absolutely mind blowing images.
I know that everyone thinks this about their children, you're meant to, its the unconditional love of a parent, but there is something special about my Sophie.

We went for a bar lunch in Wraysbury today, it was lovely. We sat in the beer garden, and mum and my stepdad were able to have a drink(or two) and I drove them home again. It is great being so close to them that we can spend time together whenever we like, Sophie always has her grandparents around her tiny little fingers, and they love it. The relationship that she shares with her grandparents is something I have never seen before, the love they have for one another is completely intense.
We also spent time petting and feeding the horses which live beside my mums house, my favourite is the male, although they have given him a horrendous name (gitface), he is a gentle beast, and enjoys a good strawberry and a scratch behind the ear. Funnily enough, I used to be scared of horses when I was younger, mostly because I am aware of the damage they can do if they want to and that they are much bigger and more powerful than me, but not so much anymore, they are calm mostly, and don't want to hurt you unless you are a threat. It is quite calming having him put his head down to you for you to stroke him on the cheek and neck, and of course give him a good scratch!

I guess the message in this blog post is that life is too short to be sat inside on nice days and to not spend time with those you love the most. Get out, tell people you love them, spend time with family and make the most of your life, because before you know it, you'll be in your sixties and most of those people will be gone. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you for reading my post and I would love to hear what you have thought of them! Although from 16 July 2014 I will no longer be accepting comments with links included. If you would like me to check out your blog then please get in touch via my contact page above.